Types of company
Are you looking to start a business, open a shop or found a charity? If so, in most cases you will need to set up a company (société/vennootschap). There are various types of company, each with its own distinguishing features. You will therefore need to consider:
- what type of company to choose (an SPRL/BVBA, an SA/NV or an ASBL/VZW);
- what status to adopt. Will you choose to operate as a natural person(individual) or a legal entity (company), as a de facto association or a temporaryassociation?
To make the right choice and ensure the success of your business, you will need to know:
- the main features of each type of company;
- the obligations associated with each type of status;
- the steps required to set up your chosen company.